Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some Things Never Change

Yesterday was a good day. Mike, G. Sandy and I went with a bunch of Mike's friends down to LA. One of Mike's good friends invited us down to the Farmer's Market. It had been a long time since we've been and thank goodness for our trusty babysitter, Rachel, we were able to take off early. We all met up and had a good time. We drove through Hancock Park (which was beautiful) and walked around Farmer's Market and the Grove. I never saw the LA so up close and personal before. And honestly, I found a new fondness toward the city. Anyway, I bought some outrageously expensive balsamic vinegar ($33!!!!) with ever intention of using it to the very last drop. (I'll make a salad for you all so you can taste. It's out of this world!) And I bought a beautiful pork loin from the butcher (a real butcher! very cool!!). We ended up eating at Taylor's, an old school LA restaurant. The food was amazing. Anyway, so we're eating dinner and I began talking to my friend, Debbie (whom I love) about movies (because we both like movies a lot). I told her that I had just seen "PS, I Love You". And she said how much she liked it and I said that I did too -- yadda yadda yadda. And then she says that she just saw a movie that she wouldn't recommend to see but that she liked it because it was funny. I asked what it was and she said "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". I said, "Oh really? You liked it? Howcome?" She said that it was funny, but in a raunchy way. I said that she was right. I specifically didn't want to see it for that very reason. She just shook her head acknowledging that she knew that. And we went on to something else.


Later I got to thinking about that and it got me to reminiscing about my youth. It use to bother me that people thought I was a goody-goody and I always wondered how they new that. My husband always throws that at me. He tends to laugh at me at times (he laughed so hard when I called prison "the joint" one time. why????). I mean, I feel I've lived a pretty full life. I've seen things and know things. I feel I'm somewhat wordly. However, I'm still seen as a goody-goody. It bothered me a little bit but then I just figure that some things will never change. And I suppose, in this case, that's a good thing.

3 comments:

Pam said...

It is Ok to be called a goody-goody. Believe there are worse names they could call you especially if you weren't a goody-goody!

AJsGirls said...

We saw P.S. I Love You, this weekend! I am a sucker for those kind of chick flicks.

I am known as a goody-goody, also, I guess it is not always a bad thing. If you knew my family you would especially agree that we are! My Aunt says I am, "Pure as the driven snow." Ha-ha-ha!

MaryAnn said...

I was called that too. I was like I'd rather be good than bad, for sure!