Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anyone Want A Child????



Okay. This morning I got the kids ready to go to school and every thing was going smoothly. Carly was her usual self -- grumpy. It's always so hard to predict how she'll be throughout the day because sometimes she'll snap out of it and be so much fun to hang with. HOWEVER, today was not the case.



Robert had those old-fashion pictures being taken at his school. I was very excited to have both the kids' pictures taken. So Robert's teacher kindly made special arrangements for us to have the pictures taken this morning. So I got the kids ready to go and was on my way. At this point I thought Carly was good to go too.



We get to the school and all seems good. Carly seemed even excited to be there. The photographer was obviously a master with children. He was making them laugh right and left. I was truly thinking that this was actually going to happen. HOWEVER, once Carly saw that she had to change into a dress she didn't like, she went crazy. At first I was baffled. After all it was a cute gunny-sak type dress with a cute hat with flowers on it and she was FREAKING out. She calmed down some when she saw her ham-ola of a brother getting his pictures taken. But when it came time for her to sit down with him she began kicking and screaming and actually smacked the photographer screaming "NO!" After a few minutes of this, I realized that my dream of an adorable old-fashioned picture of the two of them was futile. I told the guy to forget it and apologized for wasting his time. He apologized in turn for not being able to take the picture. As for Carly? She screamed the whole entire time I was changing her back into her own clothes and back to the car. At this point I'm ready to give her away.



The rest of the day she seemed to mellow, but was still pretty nasty. I had to put her in the naughty spot a couple of times for smacking her brother for no reason. Finally at dinner time she started to fall asleep while eating. It was really quite funny. However, she still had some fight left in her because when I went to go lay her down she woke up just enough to screech at me and say, "No! I want Grandma Sandy!"

So. Anyone want a kid????

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'll trade you straight across. Lily is sliding from the terrible two's into the terrible three's.

Lori said...

But she is sooo cute!

Pam said...

You shouldn't be offering - you know I have always wanted a girl! I just might take you up on that!

McB's said...

you're funny Pam! K, I would have stressed out so bad if that were my child and I would probably leave her there and put a sign on her that she's free for the taking...well not really but it might go through my head!