I just got done reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Maybe you saw him on 20/20 a couple of weeks ago (his lecture can also be found on UTube). He's a computer scientist who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He's married with three kids and won't live to see their next birthdays. His whole lecture/book was about fulfilling your childhood dreams. It was very inspirational and left me thinking if I'm fulfilling my childhood dreams. Well, let's see...
- I married the man of my dreams. In fact, he far surpasses any dreams I ever had of who I would marry. He may not do ANYTHING around the house, but WHAT A MAN!
- I have lots of pets. I love animals. Probably way too much. Always wanted dogs. All I want now are horses.
- I always wanted to be an at-home mommy and a good one. Well, I'm at home and I really try to be a good one.
- I wanted to live and work in New York City. Never did that but visited and want to visit some more maybe own a place there some day.
- I wanted to run or manage a business. Did that and it nearly ended my marriage.
- I wanted to grow up to be a horse. Embarrassing but true. Not even possible, but I'll settle for owning one.
- I also wanted to grow up to be a boy. Again embarrassing but true. Again not even possible and for the record I absolutely love being a girl. I was just a major tom-boy growing up.
I honestly feel that I'm on my way. My life has been so blessed that I wonder often what I ever did to be so blessed. First of all, let me start with my man. He is everything and more than I ever wanted. My kids speak for themselves. Unbelievably, good and wonderful. Of course, they may not be "celestial' like Pam's boys...haha. Actually, I think they are. And my friends....let's just say that I love that Kim is always up for a good gripe session and Pam and Kaye make me laugh so hard. Julianna is my rock. Liz, Stephanie & Liz always have such good insight on life and what to do about it. Janna is always there for me. Not to mention you are all such amazing women and mothers. Robbie I am so glad you are my husband's friend. You have no idea how glad I am about that. And the best part is you guys help me fulfill my childhood dreams just by being you. Sorry for being so sentimental. The book just reminded me of how short life is and you never know what it's going to deal out. So, thank you all.
Okay so here are some pics of my kids and doggies: we went to the pool yesterday with Julianna and her kiddos and the kids and I went to the dog park today. Carly was so proud of herself climbing up the hill all by herself, but instead of throwing up her hands in victory she had to strike a pose. Robert is just always proud of himself (Robbie, notice the Lakers jersey). Enjoy....