Friday, May 16, 2008

My Favorite Day

Friday's are my favorite days. Call me crazy but I love them. But today was especially a good one.

It started out with attending my son on a field trip to Young Chef's Academy. It was fun. The kids got to make their own pizzas and ate them for lunch. However, I learned how outstanding my son truly is. Not to brag or anything, but truly I was so impressed with him. He was kind, courteous and supportive. He waited patiently to be called on and when his friends were taking their turn he would pat them on the back offering support. He was witty (he named the pizza dough "Peter" which everyone thought was funny) and charming; and such a gentleman! He has a little girlfriend whom he made sure was taken care of by helping her onto the bus and sitting with her with his arm around her. I truly was very proud of him. Here's a picture of him with Asahli:
Next we met our friends at the pool. We ate lunch and swam. Unfortunately, I had to take Robert home after he threw a bit of a tantrum. That broke my heart. Not because he threw the tantrum, but because he couldn't be with us. Thank goodness I could just drop him off at home since Grandma Sandy was there because it is ALWAYS good having lunch with the girls. Friday just wouldn't be Friday without it. Also, I was able to have some one on one time with Miss Carly Jo which she loved (and I did too).
When Carly and I got back my house was miraculously clean. This is another reason why I absolutely love Fridays. My house is cleaned by our cleaning fairy named Rosie.
To top it all off, it's date night. Without fail we go out. And if my husband isn't available to go out, I go by myself. He's mostly available and tonight he we went to a new restaurant in Newbury Park and saw "Iron Man" afterwards. It was the perfect movie to end my favorite day.

1 comment:

Liz Rose said...

I love Fridays too! And we saw Iron Man as well on Friday! I liked it--Mr. Downey was quite good I thought!
Should I tell Sarah she has competitions? :)