Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me

So I was gone all day today (I'll explain where what and why at a later time). I got home at around 9pm and Grandma Sandy was just getting the kids to bed. I was actually happy they weren't in bed yet. I wanted to ask them about their day and talk about how much fun they had with Grandma Sandy, etc. It was nice catching up and giving each other loves (mmmmm). However, after we got caught up and I had given them their gifts it was time for bed. The kids wanted to sleep with Grandma Sandy again, but I suggested they sleep in their own beds since nobody sleeps well when they're all together. Well, you would have thought I was "whipping them all soundly" the way they were carrying on. Carly screamed a blood curdling scream so loud I had to shut her into her room until she settled down. Robert was throwing himself onto his bed and wailing like a banshee, "I want to sleep with Grandma Sandy!!!!" over and over again. I was so tired myself that I was tempted to give in to their rantings, but I stayed strong and even kept my cool and within just a few minutes they were sound asleep. HOWEVER, after I had gotten Robert settled down and asleep I went to check on Carly. I knew she had most likely fallen asleep in front of her bedroom door and she did, but I also noticed that during her rantings she had taken the gift I had given her and broke it. It's easily repairable but that's not the point...My sweet little princess was so mad at me that she broke the gift I gave her. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Brother. I really hope she grows out of that. If she doesn't, we're in for one heck of a ride! Anyway, during the time of the rantings all I could think of was: "Happy Mother's Day To Me."

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS I KNOW

4 comments:

Robyn Welcker said...

JO I think you are raising two amazing children who challenge you every day to be an even greater person than you already are, I love you cheeka you make me smile when I read your blog because I can picture your face with your reactions on it....you crack me up. P.s I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong the other day I know it's JO I'm retarded sometimes:) I tried to go back and fix it but you can't change a comment once you post it, anyways love you ~robyn HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!

McB's said...

The nerve of your child! lol. I'm so sorry, I hope it didn't hurt your feelings :) I'm sure I'll be getting my day as Kassidy gets older!

Robbie said...

Boys are so much easier than girls...oh wait a second what am I saying?

Suzanne said...

Just a warning, you're in for one heck of a wild ride. I love my girls, but they can drive me nuts.

Hope your Mother's Day got better.