Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine's Day

We never celebrate Valentine's Day on actual Valentine's Day. For one thing you have to book reservations literally a year in advance in some restaurants and they're always so crowded and generally crazy. So we either celebrate the week before or after and then do a nice family dinner on actual Valentine's Day. So yesterday we celebrated Valentine's Day.

My husband has never skimped on special occassions. In fact, he's the chick in our relationship when it comes to these times. He's the one who remembers where we had our first kiss, where we went for our first Valentine's Day date, etc. Me, I'm sorry to say, get these times all jumbled up and seldom get them right. So anyway, he's the romantic one in our relationship.

So yesterday, we celebrated Valentine's at Saddle Peak Lodge, my most favorite restaurant. It's so very romantic. And because my husband is the stud that he is, he arranged that we be seated on the top floor. I love the top floor because it only has about five intimate tables and it's very romantic. He asked me if he remembered when the last time we sat up there was and, of course, I got it wrong. Apparently, we sat up there on our very first Valentine's Day together exactly 12 years ago.

He also made it very special because I was able to invite Robyn and Tyler to go with us. It was so great to be able to share this night with them. They were both so much fun and as always it was so great being with them. It was so great to be able to share my favorite restaurant and experience what it was like the first time I went there through them. Thank you Robyn and Tyler for that!!

And to top the evening off, we made a plan for the next steps to completing my kitchen and Tyler is totally going to help us. Yay!

And I can't close this post without saying I love you guys! As I said at Christmas time, I have never felt like I have had real friends until now. I can spill my guts out and I feel nothing but love from you all. You are the best!

2 comments:

Liz Rose said...

I love valentines day!!! What a fun night for all of you! And I keep meaning to ask you about your kitchen plans---but I'm kind of self centered right now with Will and all......everything seems to be about me. :) jk--so next time we're together...its kitchen talk!!!

Robyn Welcker said...

I love you to!....Thank you again for the V-Day dinner Ty and I love you guys so much and that Elk I'm gonna have dreams about it.....It was D-good..Can't wait to see you and the kidos this weekend take care checka.....