Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm An Idiot

Don't you hate it when you're just not thinking and you say stupid things? I do that ALL the time. I offend people ALL the time. And the worse thing about it is that I offend people I love. I think I'm just teasing or I'm much too honest, and then when it's much too late I realize I have offended. I hate it when I do this. I really do.

My problem is that I'm not a mean person. If I were mean then this wouldn't be so painful when I do this. I would be happy when I offend. But since I'm not mean I'm sick to my stomach when this happens. I want to bury my head in the sand for shame. I want to die. It's an awful feeling to have offended. I don't recommend it to anyone.

I have offended a dear friend. And there is no worse feeling to know that I have done this. I'm sure that I have caused much heartache in her life as well and this is unbearable for me. But, of course, because she is a much nicer and better person than I, she will never tell me this.

So, the reason I'm writing this is because I want you to know that I know I'm an idiot. I don't intentionally want to hurt people. I say stupid things They mean nothing. Because I'm an idiot.

6 comments:

Kaye said...

Jo, you are so hard on yourself! Those that don't speak out wish they would and those that do wish for control....I can totally relate. Hope you are feeling better, all I can say is, I know how you feel!

Kelly said...

I agree with what Kaye said. I am like you though. I say what I have on my mind and it most the time comes out in a way that offends people when I really didn't mean it to, most the time anyway. :) We love you Jo!!

Pam said...

Ditto to the girls above. As I was reading your post I was thinking that You are way too hard on yourself. We all say stupid things out of jest and I am the BIGGEST offender. I often come home after a get together and go over things that I said and I worry about all the people I offended that night. It is silly though and you just hope that people know where your heart is and I know your heart only means kindness:) Love You Jo!

AJsGirls said...

You're the best Jo! I would type more but I'm tending a baby. Everyone else said it already.

Lori said...

One of the things I love most about you is your honesty and straighforwardness. You may think it's a curse, but I think it's a blessing. Love you, Jo!

Robyn Welcker said...

All I have to say is I love you....Your one of a kind women....More sensitive than me.....hahah j/k we both know that that's not true... It was a very sweet note... take care, bye you....