Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just When You Think You're Getting It Together....

So I was feeling pretty good about myself this week. I managed to exercise 3 times, did all the laundry and actually put it all away, and kept the house somewhat picked up all week long. I was feeling pretty proud. Then Friday comes along and I'm getting ready to fix dinner for Rachel and the kids before Mike and I go out for our date night and what do I find in the microwave???? Three beautiful chicken breasts I had begun thawing out the night before for dinner. Needless to say, I hung my head in shame. You see, Mike had come home for two minutes before he took off out of town the night before and gave me money to take the kids out for dinner. I, of course, couldn't refuse and took the kids to Sharkey's and completely forgot about the chicken in the microwave. Until the next evening, of course. Not only was I ashamed but I was so sad that the chicken had gone to waste. Well, sort of. I cooked them up and gave them to the dogs so it was all good. But still... I guess I still have some work to do in the got-it-all-together category.

3 comments:

McB's said...

Oh man that is really funny :) You sound like a mommy, hehe.

AJsGirls said...

My dear friend Jo, if that is the worst thing you've done you need to pat yourself on the back! Seriously, that's nothing.

MaryAnn said...

Who hasn't done something like this?