Wednesday, September 17, 2008

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

My Glamour Girl

So I blew it yesterday with my daughter. I signed her up for a gymnatics class on Tuesdays at 10am. Well, yesterday I don't know what I was thinking but I was thinking her class was at 10:30 and showed up just as the class was ending. Needless to say, she was absolutely devastated. So in order to calm her down I promised I would take her up to Paint A Dream so she could paint some dishes. She liked that idea so we headed up to the mall (after a stop at Target) and painted. She loves to paint and so this was completely cathartic for her.


After the painting, she wanted to go walk the mall and - get this- "look at jewelry." I kid you not that's what she said. In fact her exact words were, "Mom. Let's got look at jewelry." as she took my hand and led me to Ben Bridge. Well, we had walked through Ben Bridge before and she liked the sparkly glitter, but wasn't completely thrilled so I said, "You want to look at jewelry? I've got the perfect place for you." And took her over to Claire's Boutique.


We walked through the door and I swear she had died and gone to heaven. She gasped and said, "Mom! Look!" and ran over to the wall covered with colorful costume jewelry. She proceeded to pick out her favorites and put it on. Oh My Gosh!!! It was so adorable!!! I couldn't believe how thrilled she was with everything. She was so excited that as I took her through the store she would give me big hugs and twirl every so often. She even broke out a "You're the best mom ever!" and gave me big hugs. Mmmmmm..... it was wonderful. I ended up just sitting on the floor and watched her indulge herself. It was priceless.


6 comments:

Liz Rose said...

Awesome!! She is the best princess I know!!

Pam said...

She is such a diva! Love that girl!

Suzanne said...

From Ben Bridge to Claire's...she knows her stuff. Such a cutie!

Hannah said...

Carly is so adorable. That is so her. I'm glad you both had fun!!!!!!

Robyn Welcker said...

Hey you....I hope your week is going better than mine...than again anyones week could have been better than mine! Seriously Tylers sick and he has to work all day Sat. So this is not good....And of corse I get to intertain my self again.....So who knows....may be it will be a pool day...Miss you sweet heart hope your doing good...Life isn't fair...I wish I could go back to when Claires did it for me and I had no problems....luvs
~robyn

Kim said...

All girl and I love it :)