Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday

We had a great Saturday.


Mike was called away so it was just me and the kids. The morning was so nice and peaceful. The kids were content just hanging out in their rooms doing whatever so I took the opportunity to finish up my Prop 8 phone calls. I was so proud of myself 'cuz I finished them all in an hour and a 1/2. Yeah! Robert did his homework and then we took the dogs to the beach. I heard there was an off leash dog beach up in Santa Barbara so I thought it would be fun to take a road trip up there.


We made it to Santa Barbara, but I don't know what happened because the place we ended up was just an off leash nature reserve which was no big deal and it wasn't enclosed so I was constantly stressed about losing one of the dogs. However, we found a little gully that Carly got stuck in. Here's what she looked like when we came out of there:


I couldn't help but laugh.


Since the Santa Barbara Off Leash Beach was a bust we headed back home. We hit McDonald's on the way back and for the first time in about 20 years I had a Big Mac. I don't know what I was thinking but I was craving something fat and sloppy. And it was disgusting. I won't do that again.


On the way back we stopped at a private beach just outside of Ventura and had a blast. Robert was able to play in the water:



Carly played in the sand:



And the doggies had a blast:


We had a great time. After a while we headed back home. All in all it was a lot of fun. I really love hanging out with the kids. They make me laugh and I just love every moment with them.



Always making memories.......

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love those relaxing Saturdays. There is also a dog beach in Ventura but I don't know what the rules are about leashes there.

Liz Rose said...

Okay--so I too have a Big Mac about once a year. But they are never disgusting!! :) I've quite enjoyed my annual splurge. :) I'm saving it this for my 9th month.

Hannah said...

Oh that sounds like so much fuuun! Everyone seems calm and happy! Love those days...