Friday, September 12, 2008

My Husband Is A Stud

My husband was actually home for date night tonight. Our usual date nights consist of dinner and a movie and tonight wasn't any different now that we actually have some movies to choose from. Anyway, our original plan was to see "Lakeview Terrace" with Samuel Jackson as the bad cop/neighbor. But it turned out that we got our dates mixed up and realized the movie doesn't come out until next weekend. So I suggested seeing "The Women" and since Mike couldn't remember the last chick flick we had seen together, he conceded. I really didn't mean to torture him. Afterall, date night is meant for both of us not just one or the other, but it turns out it was a bit of a torture...



When we walked into the theater it was filled with women. I'm not kidding there was not one other man there. As we're walking up the stairs to our usual spot some woman in the back yells out, "Look! There's a man!" a small applaud broke through the theater. I couldn't help but raise my arms and shake them as if I had a won a victory. Then another woman says, "That's a good man!" Yeah. I was proud.



As we were waiting for the movie to start I kept looking for other couples to walk in but not a one came in. I truly felt bad for my husband. But he took it like a man.



At the end of the movie we waited for everyone to leave and noticed that there was one other man there. So, it turned out that Mike wasn't the ONLY man in a theater of about 150 women. Although, I have to say that my husband was definately the more studly of the two.



As for my dad....
I heard from my sister that my dad had an angioplasty and had some plaque build up cleared out of one of his arteries. Apparently he knew what had brought on the attack and was able to get to the hospital before it turned into a major attack. It wasn't as serious as I was expecting so that's good. Thank you all for your concern and support. It's so nice to know that I'm not alone in this! Love you all!

6 comments:

Robbie said...

What a stud! You're my boy blue!

Lori said...

That is so funny! I have new respect for Mike.

Robyn Welcker said...

I love you....I'm glad that your dad is ok....I had faith that he would be and as for you....good for you for having Mike go to a chick flick with you.....And as for Mike I'm very proud it takes a real man to sit down to one of those....I say that because Tyler has seen many chick flicks in his day and every time it's like pulling teeth but I love him for still watching them with me...the whole way through too!
luvs....have a wonderful weekend...
~robyn

Kim said...

I feel so out of it when I don't check blogs daily. I'm so glad that your dad is doing ok. Let me know if you need anything.

Kaye said...

Glad your dad is doing better! I was laughing just picturing Mike walking in...very funny. Was it enjoyable for you? I was hoping that it would be a good movie.

McB's said...

K, have to give a shout out to your hubby, that is awesome! Danny was reading this this morning and was laughing cuz he would never do it! Good for you, that's what love is all about, hehe.