Friday, September 12, 2008

Heart Attack

My father had a heart attack this morning. I was on the way back from dropping Robert off at school and I get the phone call. My sister, Maria, in Oregon called me. My mom called her.
Maria said that he had felt it coming on and asked to be driven to the hospital. That's so like my dad. He got thrown off a horse years ago and suffered with amnesia from the accident. He couldn't remember his wife or his children but knew that he had amnesia from his own symptoms and called the ER and told them what they needed to do once he got there.
I don't know anything right now other than they are keeping him over night for testing. They want to know how bad it was, where it originated and what damage, if any, there is.
Wierd. My dad shouldn't be having a heart attack. He still goes to the gym for heaven sakes. He takes all the right precautions and he takes care of himself over all. I figure his body is just getting tired.
I have peace that all is going to be okay and yet I'm scared.....

5 comments:

Pam said...

So sorry to hear, we will keep him in our prayers. Believe me I know how rough it is being away from them when they are having health problems. If you make a trip up there let me know I might hitch a ride:)

McB's said...

That is a scary thing and I wish the best for your dad. It's tough when the parents get older but he sounds healthy so maybe it's not a bad one :)

Kaye said...

Sorry Jo. What is going on here? This is not fun watching our parents get sick. Hope everything is well with your dad.

Lori said...

That is scary. I hate relying on other people for news, too. It seems to take forever and you're just left to wait.

Hannah said...

My mom was with him in the hospital all day. She doesn't know anything either. Just about as much as you. She said he should be home in a few days luckily though. :)