Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Feeling......eh....

Do you ever have those days that you just have no energy -- you're fighting a cold (still) and you just don't want to do anything??? Brother. That has been me. Monday was a completely wasted day. I managed to get the laundry done and that was it. The plan was to get it all done, put away and clean the house. I thought I had the whole evening to finish it up but then Mike met up with us right after I picked Robert up from school to go costume shopping. We had dinner and went to the Disney Store at Topanga Plaza (love that mall especially after the remodel). I was, of course, all hagged out (exercise pants, t-shirt & no make-up) because I was having an "eh" day. When we got back it was time to put the kids to bed and, of course, that meant I could go to bed too. So nothing got done but the actual washing of clothes.


Tuesday we were invited to the beach and had totally planned to go, but since I got nothing done the day before I decided to forego the beach and stayed home to finish things up. We did manage to get quite a bit done -- the house is clean, the laundry folded and mostly put away. Mike was called out of town so I decided to stay up til 2am watching shows we had TIVO'd. Stupid idea because that meant that today (Wednesday) I was absolutely worthless.


My cold has worsened and because of the lack of sleep I barely managed to make the beds and finish putting the laundry away. Poor Carly has been fending for herself and I feel like the worse mom ever. I hate it when I feel like this. But then again I really don't care at the same time.


Over the weekend we went to the LA County Fair and for the most part that was a lot of fun. We left early, picked up some donuts and ate them on the way down. We wanted to get there early to beat the heat, but didn't make it. It was already 85 degrees at 10am and it just got hotter. By noon we were done. Carly fell asleep in the stroller and Robert was so tired and emotional he was crying over EVERYTHING so we decided to go. We didn't get to ride the rides we wanted to, see much of the animals or go through the winter wonderland exhibit. But all in all it was a good time. It was the cleanest and biggest county fair I've ever been to. I was definately a pleasantly surprised. We're definately going next year. Pics of the fair....


Riding the big slide with dad
Slinging webs with Spidey

Dressing up with Barbie (there was a real life Barbie there, but Carly was not impressed)

Every Princess needs flowers on her face, right?

They had the best petting zoo ever! The animals were so friendly and calm and there weren't any flies either!

This llama was the coolest. He just laid there while the kids climbed all over him. I loved him. He was so soft too!

Ahhh...Bumper Boats...Good Times...

Dragon Roller Coaster

4 comments:

Hannah said...

That fair looks like fun! The kids look like they are having a blast!

McB's said...

Oh I hate those "eh" days, you totally feel worthless when you can't get done all you want or need to! the fair looks fun though! These pics are so cute of your kids and I can't wait to go to our fair coming up. Hope you are feeling better :)

Robyn Welcker said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun wish I could have been there with you guys....Miss you thank you for being such an amazing friend....Seriously you are a sweet heart... I love you girl.....Have a wonderful week and try to do everything that I wouldn't do!....Live alittle....
LUVS
~robyn

julianna said...

i'm so glad that your week ended with some fun!