Sunday, June 1, 2008

What A Week!



This last week has been crazy!


First of all, Memorial Weekend is what I'd like to call Single Mother Weekend because Mike is gone the entire weekend. He helps out at the Cajun Festival and we usually don't see him from Friday 'til Monday afternoon sometime. So the kids and I make the best of it. However, this year Robert was part of the Puma Karate Demo Team and performed at the Cajun Festival both Saturday and Sunday. He was so cute and did such a great job! We were very proud of him! Thanks to Grandma Sandy we were able to get his performance on her camera so I could share it. Here it is....




Tuesday the kids and I went up to Lancaster and picked out our puppy. Robert knew immediately which one we should get. Me? I had to think about it for a couple of days. They were both so cute and loving and.... oh man! I wanted them both. However, I was leaning towards the whiter one of the two. So, I asked if I could think about it for a couple of days. I have to say that the breeder has been so patient and accomodating with me which I am very greatful for. Sorry no pics of him yet.


Wednesday and Thursday we went to Disneyland. Mike took Wed off and we went down early early that morning. The kids, G. Sandy and I stayed in the Disneyland Hotel overnight so we could get up early the next morning to hit California Adventure and more of Disneyland. It was probably the funnest 2 days I think we've had in a long time. The kids were just bouncing off the walls both days and I loved every minute of it! Sandy and I just couldn't get over how we too felt like kids all over again. We were laughing at all the grown men wearing the goofy hats because we knew there was no way they would be caught dead wearing those things outside of the park amongst their co-workers. Yet we totally understood. Robert cried when we had to leave. I totally got that. I didn't want it to end either. It was the most perfect 2 days ever!

Grandma Sandy left on Friday. We were all very sad. Carly kept asking where Grandma Sandy was and would adamantly deny that she was actually gone. When it finally sunk in that Grandma Sandy wasn't coming back she cried.

Finally, I picked our puppy today. I met the breeder in Sylmar and took a final look at our new dog. Robert was right. It's the darker of the two (he's the one on the right in the pic). His name will be Santiago Joaquin. But we'll call him Jack.

3 comments:

julianna said...

i can't wait to meet jack!

Pam said...

Sounds like an awesome week! And we will have to come over and see the new member of the family...I know Zack will fall in love. Congrats!

Hannah said...

Your week sounded like a blast! Disney Land and a new puppy! Rob was so cute in that video! I miss you guys so much!