Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lazy Day

I think that some times it's okay to just not doing anything in a day. I mean literally not do anything. Today was one of those days. The kids and I basically laid around (in our jammies) until noon. Finally, after about the 15th time Carly told me she was hungry I got up and made her lunch. After getting up I realized what a mess the house was and how pathetic it was to have just laid around for 5 hours. After all, things did need to get done. But I really truly did not care. How wrong is that? Finally at about 3p and after putting Carly down for her nap (which was about 3 hours late) I finally got up and began cleaning up the place. And to my amazement I was able to clean the kitchen, mop the floor, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, my bedroom and the kids AND start dinner. While dinner was cooking I cleaned the guinea pigs' cage. Anyone who knows me knows that this was quite the feat especially on one of my lazy days. But, you know, I believe we all needed a day of doing nothing. We have been non-stop for what seems a few weeks now and my body just refused to do anything today. Of course, I can only take a mess for so long before my OCD kicks in, but, nonetheless it was a good lazy day.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

It's great to have a lazy day once in a while. I think that when you've been running around (which it seems like you have been :) it's nice to have NOTHING planned. If nothing else I get laundry done on those days. That's something, right?!