Thursday, June 5, 2008

Run In

I took the dogs on their daily roller blading run yesterday but this time I took the kids in their double stroller with us. (It's so much easier roller blading with a double wide stroller to hang on to!) We roller bladed through our neighborhood then headed over to the gated neighborhood behind us. We started skating through that neighborhood when who should I run in to???? Remember the girl who opened the gate to the dog park and I had to go chasing my dogs throughout the neighborhood on my roller blades? Yep. Her. The one and only. I shall never forget her face. Fortunately, I had decided to forgo the dog park and just make the loop around the neighborhood. However, as our paths crossed I thought, "Oh. There's that stupid girl." and waited for her to look our way. But she didn't. I was a little surprised, because I was totally expecting her to look our way but instead she just continued walking concentrating on her dog as if it was once again going to cause problems as it had before. Honestly, I was like what's up with that? Not even looking up business? I mean she had obviously noticed us from down the road and let's face it, how could she forget our little incident together? And I'm sure she recognized us right away. Hmmm...... So I continued skating right passed her.
This morning as I was running I realized that the poor girl may have been embarrassed and probably truly was concentrating on her dog so it wouldn't cause any more problems and that I should have said something to break the ice. Although I was looking at her waiting for her to look our way, but she never did. I felt kinda bad about it. After all, she was really nice. She's just kind of a dope is all.

1 comment:

McB's said...

Oh that girl! Oh I think she totally didn't want to look at you :).