Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our trip to UT (Devon's Back!)

Man, I can't believe how long it's been since my last post! Of course, so much has happened, but I won't bore you all with the details. However, there are two main events that can't be ignored. First of all, Devon returned home from his mission last Friday evening. The kids and I (and little Jack) went up to St. George to see him. We got real lucky because he was supposed to arrive at 4:20p but missed a connecting flight somewhere along the way and ended up arriving at 6:30. We would have missed his arrival at 4:30, but made the 6:30 arrival. We drove right up to the St. George airport just after he got off the plane. I was so glad we were there for his initial introduction back into the real world. He looks the exact same. However, is a little more wiser. He's going to be living in St. George and hopefully be heading up to BYU-I in the winter. Anyway, we spent all day Saturday up there and headed back to Simi early early Sunday morning so as not to miss out on Father's Day. Mike unfortunately couldn't make the trip with us so we had to leave early to get back to spend Father's Day with him so we left at precisely 4am. I loved it because there was absolutely no traffic. We didn't have to stop clear until Barstow. I loved it!

On Saturday I tried to help Milo dye his hair back to a normal color or at least one that didn't make him look like the living dead. Brother. That kid. He died his hair a black color that had like a green under tone to it which made him look all washed out with black circles under his eyes. He truly looked sickly. So I tried to get a better color going for him and I think because of all the processing he had already done to his hair it turned a dark red color. Although it didn't make him look dead it wasn't what he wanted. I don't blame him. I don't know what the final result was. I'm sure he dyed it again, but I haven't heard.


Secondly, we got our puppy last weekend and he is so good and so cute! We love him to death. We had to take up to Utah with us because he's too little to leave with the big dogs. He did so well! He rode up front with me and slept pretty much the whole way. I didn't even have to stop for him at all. I do love a low maintenance dog.


Also, while in Utah, I had my niece put together a playlist for me. I had to edit it a little at the request of my husband, but other than that what do you think?

All in all the trip to Utah wasn't bad although anyone who knows me knows what a sacrafice it is for me to go there. I figure as long as I keep the stay short I can manage the agony much easier. However, it was definately good seeing my sister and her family and absolutely a joy to be there for Devon to get him started into the real world (although I wish I could have been there a LITTLE longer for him). Although, it is so good to be home!

3 comments:

Robbie said...

God bless you for getting out of that horrible city without any diseases. Have you been checked yet?

Jo said...

Are you kidding? It was the first thing we did!

Anonymous said...

It seems remarkable idea to me is