Wednesday, January 21, 2009

VT Luncheon


Visiting Teaching has always been a thorn in my side. I know that's not very Christlike but it's true. It's just one more thing that needs to be done and not only that but it's on a time line. Also, I know it's important and I know it's necessary which adds to the thorniness of the task. However, I really enjoy visiting my girls, getting to know them better and passing on the spiritual message for the month. I really do. Although, sometimes it can be really hard to get to all my girls (I have 3 girls to visit and 1 to mail stuff to). So this month I had a great idea. Why not make them come to me! We'll have lunch and a short message and then I'm done until next month. Yeah for me!!! ....So we did.


It turned out so nice that I think I'll be doing this every month. Next month we'll have a something Valentiney.... Hmmm... maybe something chocolately involved...


Now I'm excited to do my visiting teaching! Go figure.....

5 comments:

McB's said...

Fun! We've done that too since we have 3 girls to visit so hey why not?

Liz Rose said...

Can I be added to your list? :)

Pam said...

So you are my Visiting teacher, right? JK I have a great visiting teacher but your luncheons sound divine:)

Kaye said...

I love how Pam tries to cover her butt! I am Pam;s VT. Don't worry Pam, I would prefer Jo over me anyday! I can fix you lunch, but I can guarantee it wouldn't be as yummy as Jo's, and it would come with KC sitting on your lap :)

Lori said...

You weren't supposed to tell anyone! I knew everyone would want to be added to your list. I usually get switched after a couple of months...but I hope I get "stuck" with you for a while (and not just for the food)!