Thursday, July 3, 2008

Polly Pockets

As you all know my daughter just had her third birthday. And at her little party she recieved some Polly Pockets. For those of you who don't know what Polly Pockets are they are these teeny tiny dolls about 3 inches tall. The doll comes with a full wardrobe of teeny tiny shoes, dresses, and in some cases jewelry. So if you can imagine my daughter was absolutely thrilled to have recieved such a toy. And honestly I was thrilled for her since it is completely up her alley. However, I could immediately see how this could be potentially hazardous for me. I tend to be completely anal when it comes to sets. If something comes with stuff such as teeny tiny shoes etc. it MUST stay together. Nonetheless, because my daughter was so excited about her Polly Pockets I was determined to keep track of everything.
So today Carly kept bringing me her Polly Pocket and asking me to change her clothes and shoes over and over again. It wasn't so bad. After all, my daughter was having a ball and I was feeling pretty confident about keeping track of everything. However, after about the 5th time I noticed that Polly's wardrobe started to slowly diminsh. She was missing a shoe. It was then that I started silently cursing the man behind the toy. After all, who was the genius behind the development of this toy? Who thought that teeny tiny shoes and teeny tiny jewelry and teeny tiny clothes was a good idea? I mean really? I, of course, began scouring the house for this ridiculously small shoe and getting more and more upset cursing Mattel toys all the way. I still haven't found it. And because of this I'm afraid to vacuum for fear of vacuuming it up. Needless to say, I am tempted to hunt down the jackass behind the Polly Pockets and make him come and look for it. Argh!!!

4 comments:

Robyn Welcker said...

Jo I love you.....and yes I would have to agree.....staple a bag with a tie to that toy and make sue she always puts all the little excesories in it.....that's what my friend at church did, her little girl has the same problem....good luck! at least it's a great excuse not to have to clean....

McB's said...

ok, you totally make me crack up!!! You should hunt them down for making such ridiculous toys that kids just love. I so agree with you, Kassidy just wanted one so I got it and it's dumb, she's already lost a shoe so I'm done with these things. Plus the dog wants to eat the little animals so it's dangerous for them also.

Kim said...

Here's the trick...you need to have so much of that crap that shoes here and there are not missed. I too am a bit compulsive about toy sets being complete. I credit Polly as well as her friend Barbie for helping me relax a little on this need. Good luck!!

Brenda said...

This cracked me up. I can totally relate. I finally got rid of my daughter's dollhouse because I couldn't resist compulsively straightening and keeping it tidy. Boy did I feel better.