Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th!


Fourth of July is totally one of my most favorite holidays and this year was no exception. More than Memorial Day it kicks off the summer with a bang (literally - hehe). We didn't do much but go to a movie and then hit the fireworks show at the church but it was perfect mostly because we were all together as a family (which doesn't happen too often). Our plan was to have a picnic on the church lawn before the fireworks began, but to our astonishment (or stupidity which ever you'ld like to call it :) ) everything was closed. We did manage to find Carl's Jr. open to get the kids something to eat, but Mike and I went hungry. Carl's Jr. just doesn't do it for us. Once we got to the church we found our friends and had a great time hanging out. It's always so fun hanging out with them. I don't have any pics because like a dope I forgot to take my camera. But you can check out some pics on Kaye's and Pam's site. They have proof of us being there. The kids were exhausted after the fireworks show and fell asleep almost immediately in the car. As usual, when the house is all quiet I tend to reflect on the day and this time all I could think of is how greatful I am to have what I have -- my friends and my family. And because it's 4th of July weekend I couldn't help to think of how greatful I am to be living in this country and all that happened and continues to happen for our freedom.....
Happy 4th Everyone and God Bless America!!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

It was a fun time! I am glad you came to the church bldg. Zack loves hanging with his younger bro Robert! ha ha

Suzanne said...

I think that fireworks are so much better when you get to hang out with all your friends. (and let the kids run around like crazy)It looked like so much fun up at the church. Happy 4th!