Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rejected

Is it just me or does anyone else feel rejected when they get released from a church calling? For those of you who haven't heard the Relief Society Presidency is in the process of changing. The change will occur next Sunday in Sacrament Meeting. I was officially told by the bishop today that I was to be released and it was like shooting an arrow through my heart. I kept waiting for him to say that the new president would like to continue having me as her 2nd counselor but it didn't happen. So there I was -- REJECTED. Aren't I supposed to get some kind of warning about these things? I mean isn't the spirit supposed to whisper something to me like, "You're going to be released soon so stop putting your heart in soul into the women of the Simi 4th ward because they don't want you anymore." Just kidding. But you know what I mean. Anyway, as goes church protocol, I don't know anything about who the new president will be or her counselors (not that I would tell anyway), but I'm sure they'll be fantastic. And I bet the new HFPE gal will be way better than me. But honestly, I wasn't ready for this to end for me. I felt like things were just getting started. People were finally starting to come to the activities. And...well... I don't know.... I suppose this is where I'm supposed to say, "But I'm sure the Lord has something else in store for me...blah blah blah" (don't get any ideas Julianna!... or Liz!!). Oh well, it was a good run. I really enjoyed it. I loved the relationships and friendships I developed as well as the new ones I saw developing amongst others. But such is life, right?

Anyway, enough of my boobing and whining. Check out my adorable daughter. She fell asleep on the couch holding a cup of cedar balls (they're used in storing clothes to ward of moths. They smell way better than moth balls and are equally as effective). Man I love my kids!!


Here's another one: Robert was pulling a movie out of the movie book and asked his dad if he wanted to watch a movie with him. His dad, "um huh" (barely awake). Robert, "Do you want to watch "Stuart Little"? That's my favorite movie. Did you watch "Stuart Little" when you were little?" Mike: "um huh" (not even coherent). Robert: "Me too." What a crack up! I swear he thinks he's 16.

7 comments:

Liz Rose said...

Way to go Jo!!! Blogging is great! And I believe the term Blog, comes from "Web Log"--like a journal that everyone reads! :) Its been a really fun way to keep intouch with people. Glad you're joining in!

Pam said...

I am sorry about your release but I hope that you know you have done a wonderful job and the women of the ward are closer because of your efforts. Thank you for all you have done! Hey- I think that there is a calling in Cub Scouts open??

Jo said...

Funny, Pam. I don't think I've laughed so hard...

Jennifer Knight said...

So, I don't even know you - came here through the Robbie Blog. I totally know what you mean about feeling rejected. Even though I wanted out of Scouts I was still upset when they released me. It was like I didn't do a good enough job. I'm sure they're planning better things for you!

Kim said...

I can totally relate--but sometimes it doesn't take much for me to feel rejected. I still miss the close relationships with the amazing women in the presidency...I loved my previous calling-but my succesor did an fabulous job :)

Jo said...

Thanks you two. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one. And thank you, Kim. You're too kind.

MaryAnn said...

I am sorry to hear about the release. I think your presidency was terrific and were definitley called at the time for the needs of the sisters. Maybe someone in the presidency needs a change? Who knows? There really is a need in cub scouts . . . he he he
I'll have to invite you to my blog.