Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Cosby Family Blog








Okay. So I took the plunge. I started our family blog. (What does "blog" mean anyway? Anybody know?)You can all blame Robbie Coulliard if this doesn't work out. I got so into his blog that I started to stalk some of my other friends' blogs. It started with Kaye's since Robbie has hers linked to his. Then I hit Pam's and after Pam's the blogging tree just got bigger and bigger and I got the bug. I fell so in love with everyone from reading about their families and all the funny things they all do that I thought why not? Why not share my family's quirkiness with the rest of the world? Everyone else does. So here I am. And for my first entry (or is it "post"? I don't know all the blog-lingo yet) I'll explain the pictures...

We went to the LA Zoo last weekend. We had a blast. We pretty much saw everything we could see. You know how zoo's are -- the animals are hit and miss. They're either out or not. We got lucky. Most of them were out. And as far as zoo's go, I liked it. And honestly, I liked it better than the Santa Barbara Zoo. I know. I know. The clientele at the LA Zoo may be a little scary, but then again I'm sure we're pretty scary to a lot of people too (especially Mike:)). And EVERY time we've gone to the Santa Barbara Zoo NONE of the animals are out. The kids are posing in front of the flamingos (don't the flamingos look like a bunch of people who are hiding behind the bushes holding up their arms and bending their hands down kinda like the lochness monster photos?) On the way back we stopped at Pecos Bills Barbecue. It's this little shack that has been around since the 60's. They're only open a fews hours a day on the weekends and Mike has been trying to take us there for literally years. Every time we've tried, it's been closed. I was beginning to think it was some kind of urban myth -- did this place ever really serve food???? But it does and it is some good bbq! Not too hot and not too tangy. Just right! Mmmmmm.
So there you have it. My first post. Not very exciting, but it is what it is.

13 comments:

AJsGirls said...

YEA!! I am the first to comment on your blog. It's great! I am terrible at keeping a journal, so this works for me. Oh, and Blog is short for Web Log. Happy blogging!

Pam said...

Well look who I came across! Love it! I am a little bugged that Elizabeth beat me to being the first comment but hey I am the second one. Welcome to blogging!

Kaye said...

So happy you are on the blog bandwagon. I love it!

Jo said...

You guys are so cool! You all are the reason I'm doing this.
You're awesome!!

Kim said...

Wahoo!! I love blogging because I can feel connected to my friends even when life gets too busy. Keep it up--it becomes addicting.

Jo said...

No kidding! I'm totally addicted already!!

Anonymous said...

you have 6 comments already! you are so cool! you are SO right about the flamingo. that is exactly what they look like.

Robbie said...

Seriously Jo this is awesome! Welcome to the blogging world you're off to a great start. I need to talk to you about word verification though. I'll just call you right now.

Jo said...

Thanks Robbie! I went in and changed that right away....How embarressing!

McB's said...

Hey Jo. Remember me, Lisa McBurney? I'm new to the "blog world" also and I am so addicted! I have to check everyone's like 50 times a day to see if there's anything new! Just wanted to say HI.

Jo said...

Lisa! Hi! Pam told me she found your blog. How fun! I totally know what you mean. I do the same thing. I'm totally consumed by it. I'm checking your blog out right now....

Suzanne said...

I love being able to catch up with everyone. Welcome to the wacky wild world of blogging!

McB's said...

HEHEHE, see, i'm on it again too! LOL