Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Where Did All My Energy Go????

I feel like I never get anything done. Seriously. I wake up and the activities never stop. And yet NOTHING gets done. How does that happen? Seriously, I want to know how that happens. I wake up and get dressed at 6:30 -7a. I make the bed and spruce up the house. I get the kids up. We eat breakfast, then I help the kids get ready for school. They clean their rooms and we're off to school by 8-ish. I take the dogs out for their morning run then head to the gym. If there's time I'll squeeze in an errand before I come home, maybe do a chore or two, shower, grab a bite to eat and then go pick up Carly. After Carly comes home is where I can't figure out what happens. Sometimes, I can squeeze in a couple more errands, but sometimes I'll come home with the intent to do something off the endless 'to do' list, but something happens. It's like I get sucked into this black hole and before I know it it's time to go get Robert.

When Rob comes home, forget about it. I'm done. Completely fried. I pick up Rob at 3:30. We go straight from school to either Tennis or Karate. Then home to eat dinner (usually 6p by now) While I'm preparing dinner, I'll run through spelling words, addition flash cards and 'love words' (which are really sight words). We eat dinner and then it's off to baths and bed. 8pm and nothing has gotten done: the dogs automatic waterer hose still needs to be repaired, more sprinkler heads need to be repaired, the gopher still needs to be killed. My bills, papers, movies, kids toys & closets still need to be organized. And that's just a small portion of what all needs to be done. And I'm so tired. So so tired. It's 9:30 and I'll be in bed by 10 which is actually late. I'm usually in bed shortly after I clean the kitchen by 9. So the question still remains.... where did all my energy go? I used to be able to do it all. Now? Nothin'! I get nothing done!

Needless to say, I want my energy back! Seriously, I'm begging for just a little bit of my energy back. But then again, the more I think about it, I'm too tired to care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GET THEE TO THE SPA!
SANDY

Brenda said...

I think you need to look the word, "nothing" up in the dictionary. For someone who is getting "nothing" done, I see a lot of things being accomplished in your day.