Monday, September 21, 2009

Starting Over

I'm not even going to try to fill in the huge gap between the last time I wrote and now. So I'm just starting over.

Honestly, life is hard, but good. Mike is gone a lot but continues to do his best at being a great father and husband. I've been trying to chip away at all the household projects I've got on my list: killing gophers (still!), fertilizing and tilling the flower beds, an endless chore of repairing sprinklers and many other mini projects. It's funny how even though both kids are in school now I still have no time to do all that needs to be done AND keep up with just the regular every day chores.

The kids love school. I'm so greatful for my kids. They're so good! Carly is a blast to hang out with and Robert is just so good. There are so many qualities I see of Mike's in him. Honestly, this is both good and bad. :) But mostly good. They both love school. The first day they were so excited. They both got up early early like it was Christmas. So funny! Here they are the first day of school.

I'm still trying to get used to the daily schedule but it's coming along.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about how life is. We think we're in charge of our lives and to a certain extent we are. But for the most part we aren't. There is no doubt in my mind that the only control we have in our lives is how we deal with what happens to us. That is the only control we have. We may think that if we make all the right choices and if do all the right things then somehow, some way we are exempt from all the bad things that happen in the world. But, oh, how naive that is! Things are happening in my life that I have no control over. But I do have control over how I treat my family and friends and what my attitude is going to be for the day. I have control over ..... really what else do I have control over? I mean, really I try to get things done and something ALWAYS comes up so that I don't get the things done that I want to get done. But really what is more important than the way we treat our family and friends? Especially when the times are tough? That truly is the only thing we have control over. Anyway, I'm sorry to be so serious. I just felt the need to share.

Life is good. :)

2 comments: